[openstack-dev] [Fuel][puppet] Fuel CI for puppet-openstack modules

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 19 21:43:26 UTC 2016

Thanks Igor!

With this CI up and running we're one more step closer to completing the
integration between Fuel and Puppet OpenStack projects that has started
with the introduction of the puppet-librarian-simple in fuel-library.

Consider the whole picture:

- Fuel CI is now using mitaka-2 packages to test all Fuel commits [0]

- fuel-library has switched from snapshots of upstream modules to
  tracking every commit in upstream master branches [1]

- Fuel CI can now verify every upstream commit for potential regressions
  it could introduce in Fuel

Thanks to all this, Fuel can now deploy Mitaka, Puppet OpenStack can now
test Mitaka support with yet another platform, and both projects are on
track to each have a Mitaka release soon if not immediately after the
integrated release, addressing the risk I've raised in December [2].

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-February/086842.html
[1] https://review.openstack.org/279460
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/082655.html

--