[openstack-dev] [ironic] Midcycle summary part 6/6

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 18:52:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 06:13:08PM -0800, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As our midcycle is virtual and split into 6 "sessions" for the sake of
> timezones, we'll be sending a brief summary of each session so that
> folks can catch up before the next one. All of this info should be on
> the etherpad as well.
>
> Session 6/6 was February 19, 0000-0400 UTC.
>
> This will be a quick one. There were four of us present with nothing
> relevant to talk about. We talked about John's ansible automation for
> setting up a gate-like host for a bit. Then we talked about keyboards
> for a few minutes. Then we decided to drop off and call it a day.
>
> This virtual midcycle went far better than I'd expected. In the coming
> week or so, I'll be writing a blog post and/or email here with a better
> overall summary, and some thoughts on virtual midcycles as a thing.
>
> Thanks to everyone who participated, and a *huge* thanks to the infra
> team for providing an awesome VOIP system that had almost zero blips. :D

It was good seeing people using pbx.o.o for virtual sprints. I plan to add a
dashboard to grafana.o.o in the coming days to provide some realtime stats of
the server. Number active calls, conference rooms, etc.

Additionally, the issues we did have exposed the need for conference admins.
So, we need to provide the ability for the chair of the conference to control
each conference room better.  EG: mute / unmute people, kick, lock, etc.  I have
some ideas how to do it, but will likely bring it up in future -infra meetings.