[openstack-dev] [oslo] upgrade implications of lots of content in paste.ini

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Feb 18 19:36:07 UTC 2016

On 02/18/2016 02:00 PM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> Adam,
>
> CORS shouldn't need catalog integration ever. CORS is a layer above
> anything in the service catalog and doesn't provide extra security
> except signalling to the javascript vm it can access resources outside
> of it's current domain; something that can be worked around in many
> ways including using a non-javascript http client. The underlying
> application can still reject the request.
OK, so Catalog is a vestige of the old discussion.  Look instead at what
we do with Federations Trusted Dashboard.

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/keystone/tree/keystone/common/config.py#n532

That is really what I was getting at:

Its not a question of the remote application rejecting the token. It is
Keystone refusing to tell the browser that the remote application is
allowed to read the token.

If the deployer does and all-in-one, and all services are on port 443,
CORS is not an issue.

If Each Service has its own port or hostname, then each service needs to
know the list of approved dashboards.  Since we do this in Keystone
already, recommend we have the CORS middleware use the same property.

CONF.federation.trusted_dashboard