[openstack-dev] [oslo] upgrade implications of lots of content in paste.ini

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Feb 18 17:55:02 UTC 2016

On 02/18/2016 12:22 PM, Michael Krotscheck wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 9:07 AM Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com
> <mailto:doug at doughellmann.com>> wrote:
>

>     If the deployer is only ever supposed to set the value to the default,
>     why do we let them change it at all? Why isn't this just something the
>     app sets?
>

> There was a specific request from the ironic team to not have headers be
> prescribed. If, for instance, ironic is deployed with an auth plugin
> that is not keystone, different allowed headers would be required.

Here is the future we're going to have.

Whatever the middleware does with no operator intervention will be how
the world will work, and how you will need to assume the world will work
going forward.

Right now, it appears that the default in the middleware is do nothing.
That means CORS won't be in a functional state on services by default.
However, I thought the point of the effort was that all the APIs in the
wild would be CORS enabled.

I'm not hugely sympathetic to defaulting to not having the Keystone
headers specified in the non keystone case. I get there are non keystone
cases, but keystone is defcore. Making the keystone case worse for the
non keystone case seems like fundamentally the wrong tradeoff.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net