[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial upgrade

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Thu Feb 18 16:41:59 UTC 2016

This week's update:

Armando was kind enough to take a look[1], since he's got a fresh
perspective. I think I've been suffering from Target Fixation[1]
where I failed to notice a couple other failures in the logs.

For example - during the SSH test into the instances, we are able to get
a full SSH handshake and offer up the SSH key, however authentication
fails[3], apparently due to the fact that the instance is not successful
in contacting the metadata service and getting the SSH public key[4].

So, I think the next bit of work is to track down why the metadata
service isn't functioning properly. We pinged Matt Riedemann about one
error we saw over in the nova metadata service, however he had seen it
before us and already wrote a fix[5].

That's the status of where things stand. Metadata service being broken,
and also still MTU issues lurking in the background.

[1]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-neutron/%23openstack-neutron.2016-02-18.log.html#t2016-02-18T00:26:29
[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_fixation
[3]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-neutron/%23openstack-neutron.2016-02-18.log.html#t2016-02-18T01:18:32
[4]: http://logs.openstack.org/78/279378/9/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/40a5659/console.html#_2016-02-17_22_37_33_277