[openstack-dev] [fuel] Merge freeze for CI switch to Mitaka

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Wed Feb 17 19:58:01 UTC 2016

Folks

First of all, there is a critical bug which is not fixed.  It may be
floating because it is related to implicit resources ordering in puppet.
But it does not mean that it is not a merge blocker.

Secondly, I do not share your optimism about easiness of bugfixing of
possible regressions because I do not see results of more complete testing
of such changes.

Additionally, there was no preliminary discussion about this change. You
did not give us enough time to express our opinion. For example, the
original email was sent after 8pm msk and I had already left the office.

Finally goes my constructive proposal.

1) merge the fix https://review.openstack.org/281440
2) get several consecutive green bvts
3) in meantime drag this mitaka iso through swarm
4) compare the results and merge mitaka iso on Saturday if no criticals are
found. Saturday is a working day in Russia, so there will be low dev
activity and we will be able to control the swarm run.
17 февр. 2016 г. 21:06 пользователь "Igor Kalnitsky" <