[openstack-dev] [neutron][dnsmasq]DNS redirection by dnsmasq

Zhi Chang changzhi at unitedstack.com
Wed Feb 17 06:55:38 UTC 2016

hi Carl. Thanks for your reply.

DNS redirection is our customer's needs. Customer has their own CDN. They want to save traffic in CDN so that they can cost less money.
So they let us hijack some domain names. We used dnsmasq "--cname" option to satisfy their needs. So I think that maybe we can add
"cnames" into subnet's attributes.

BTW, I'm not quite understand about "--cname is limited to target names known by dnsmasq itself". Could you give me some explanation about it?

Thanks
Zhi Chang