[openstack-dev] [puppet] Push Mitaka beta tag

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Feb 16 17:58:35 UTC 2016

I wrote it on IRC, but I want to write it on this list too, since I am
one of the requesters.

On 02/16/2016 02:16 AM, David Moreau Simard wrote:
> So is it implied that a version "8.0.0b1" of a puppet module works
> with the "8.0.0b1" of it's parent project ?

If it was possible to somehow have the tags correlated to the release
cycle of server projects, it'd be perfect. But I personally don't care
*that* much for *this* release, since these tags will be a first. Let's
get this done gradually.

So let's say there's b1 tags cut tomorrow, matching what's in trunk
right now, that'd be awesome already.

It'd be even nicer if we had that, and then a b3 tag ASAP after the b3
of the server components. Then no b2 tags? Who cares if all parties
involved are aware of what's happening and what these tags mean.

On 02/16/2016 02:16 AM, David Moreau Simard wrote:
> Would there be times where the puppet module's tagged release would
> lag behind upstream (say, a couple days because we need to merge new
> things)

This is expected, and perfectly fine!

> and if so, does tagging lose some of it's value ?

Absolutely not. They would have value for everyone: Debian, Mirantis
OpenStack and RDO, plus as well Puppet people too, to who we will be
able to report failures earlier, with a reference point in mind (ie:
reporting we had an issue with Mitaka b3 version of puppet-FOO).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)