[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] "No Open Core" in 2016

Amit Gandhi amit.gandhi at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Feb 16 17:51:27 UTC 2016

OpenCDN is an abandoned project, although there have been a few attempts at creating one called “OpenCDN”.

As far as the we can tell (Poppy Team), there is currently no viable Open source CDN’s available.  If there is we would be happy to add it as a supported driver.

Also, even if the CDN software itself was open, the true value of a CDN comes from the distributed global network of servers it offers and its performance to serve requests.  Not just the features/API offered.

Poppy intends to be an abstraction API over the various CDNs available.  We do not want to be in the business of building a CDN itself.

Amit.