[openstack-dev] [Nova][API] Does nova API allow the server_id parem as DB index?

GHANSHYAM MANN ghanshyammann at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:46:23 UTC 2016

Yes, currently Nova support that for show/update/delete server APIs etc
(both v2 and v2.1) and python-novaclient too. But I think that was old
behaviour and for ec2 API mainly?

I searched on ec2 repo [1] and they get the instance from nova using UUID,
i did not find any place they are fetching using id. Hut not sure if
external interface directly fetch that on nova by 'id'.

But apart from that, may be some users using 'id' instead of 'uuid' but
that was not recommended or documented anywhere So in that case can we
remove this old behaviour without version bump?

[1].. https://github.com/openstack/ec2-api

Regards
Ghanshyam Mann

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com