[openstack-dev] [puppet] Push Mitaka beta tag

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 16:13:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

While Puppet modules releases are independently managed, we have some
requests from both RDO & Debian folks to push a first tag in our Puppet
modules, for Mitaka release, so they can start provide Mitaka packaging
based on tag, and not on commits.

This is something we never did before, usually we wait until the end of
the cycle and try to push a tag soon after the official release.
But we want to experiment beta tags and see if it helps.

The Mitaka tag would be 8.0.0b1 and pushed by the end of February (I'll
work on it).
Though stable/mitaka branch won't be created until official Mitaka
release. Same thing for release notes, that will be provided at the end
of the cycle as usual.

Any thoughts are welcome,
--
Emilien Macchi