[openstack-dev] [Horizon] eslint without color?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Feb 15 15:51:15 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-15 16:45:09 +1100 (+1100), Richard Jones wrote:
> I'm just curious why our eslint configuration (in packages.json)
> specifies --no-color. It's much harder to spot the errors without
> color, and I always end up running it manually to get the color.
> Also, karma output has color, so why one and not the other?
>
> In short, would anyone object to turning color on for eslint?

If it's being run in gate jobs, we need some mechanism to disable
ANSI color there since the embedded escapes tend to make logged
output from it nearly unreadable. If it acts like most _sane_
command-line tools however, it should disable all terminal escapes
if it detects that there's no controlling terminal (for example, if
stdin is null). No idea whether command-line sanity is common to
Javascript programmers, but perhaps someone here is willing to make
it a reality if not.
--
Jeremy Stanley