[openstack-dev] [nova] Updating a volume attachment

Shoham Peller shoham.peller at stratoscale.com
Sat Feb 13 18:14:58 UTC 2016

Thank you Andrey. I wasn't aware of that spec.

It indeed implements the same idea of updating the bdm, but it's not enough
in my opinion.
It is about updating the delete_on_termination parameter, which is great,
but the user should also be able to update the other parameters, such as
the disk_bus and device_type.

I've added the same comment on the spec itself.

However, seeing the spec both showed me that there is a relative agreement
about the necessity of that change, and the preferable way to update the
API.
The spec is currently abandoned. I will consult with Alexandre, who wrote
the spec, about restoring the spec and maybe expand it to answer for the
updating for other bdm parameters.

Thanks again,
Shoham

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/mitaka/approved/detach-boot-volume.html