[openstack-dev] [all] Any projects using sqlalchemy-utils?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Fri Feb 12 21:25:34 UTC 2016

I'm fine with discarding it (since said support is only for posgres
anyway afaik), if it's causing issues for (packaging) folks and nobody
else in openstack really uses it either.

Let's see what folks think,

On another note (if not many projects are using it); I think it would be
nice to try to use it more in other projects, since afaik mysql and
postgres are both getting/now have native json support and afaik
sqlalchemy-utils is the current way to support said native types. And a
lot of openstack stores json blobs (metadata...) in text fields (when
they really could start to move toward the native json field types) so
its usage would seem appropriate,

But if it's to much of a pain to package for not much adoption, then
that's ok to.

-Josh