[openstack-dev] [all] RFC - service naming registry under API-WG

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Feb 11 07:53:40 UTC 2016

Sean Dague wrote:
> [...]
> 3) This be a dedicated repository 'openstack/service-registry'. The API
> WG will have votes on it (I would also suggest the folks that have been
> working on Service Catalog TNG - myself, Anne Gentle, Brant Knudson, and
> Chris Dent be added to this). The actual registry will be some
> structured file that supports comments (probably yaml).
> [...]

The alternative would be to dump that information in the projects.yaml
file from the governance repository. I think I prefer your approach of a
separate repository, since it's more consistent with my goal of having
the TC step out of the way of getting things done. Decisions from that
group can easily be appealed to the TC if a conflict arises. The only
issue is the consistency between the two repositories, but I think it's
manageable.

TL;DR: +1

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)