[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial upgrade

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Wed Feb 10 17:22:30 UTC 2016

Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> UPD: seems like enforcing instance mtu to 1400 indeed makes us pass forward
> into tempest:
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/59/265759/3/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/a167a59/console.html
>
> And there are only three failures there:
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/59/265759/3/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/a167a59/console.html#_2016-01-11_11_58_47_945
>
> I also don’t see any RPC versioning related traces in service logs, which is
> a good sign.

Just an update - we are still stuck on those three tempest tests.

I was able to dig a bit and it looks like it's still an MTU issue.

http://logs.openstack.org/35/187235/14/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/c5eda62/logs/tempest.txt.gz#_2016-02-09_20_37_40_044

"SSHException: Error reading SSH protocol banner[Errno 104] Connection reset by peer"

I tried pushing down a patch to cram network_device_mtu down to 1450 in
the hopes that it would do the trick - but sadly that didn't fix. I'm
going to have to keep digging. I am almost certain it's something that
Matt K (Sam-I-Am) has already made note of in his research.

--
Sean M. Collins