[openstack-dev] [Openstack][Neutron][Monasca]

Rubab Syed rubab.syed21 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:59:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm doing a university project in OpenStack. The aim is to monitor virtual
routers per tenant with Monasca(which according to my knowledge hasn't been
implemented yet). The initial features would include monitoring of in/out
traffic per interface. I'm writing a plugin in Monasca for that purpose. If
I'm not wrong, I can fetch the data about routers sitting on different
compute nodes(in DVR case) running monasca-agent from Neutron database but
will have to devise a mechanism to filter traffic based on tenants and
subnets. Is there something already implemented in Neutron that I can use
for this purpose?

Also, I would really appreciate if you guys tell me some use cases for
Openstack's virtual routers monitoring per tenant with Monasca?

Thanks,
Rubab