[openstack-dev] [gate] RFC dropping largeops tests

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Feb 10 12:33:44 UTC 2016

The largeops tests at this point are mostly finding out that some of our
new cloud providers are slow - http://tinyurl.com/j5u4nf5

This is fundamentally a performance test, with timings having been tuned
to pass 98% of the time on two clouds that were very predictable in
performance. We're now running on 4 clouds, and the variance between
them all, and between every run on each can be as much as a factor of 2.

We could just bump all the timeouts again, but that's basically the same
thing as dropping them.

These tests are not instrumented in a way that any real solution can be
addressed in most cases. Tests without a path forward, that are failing
good patches a lot, are very much the kind of thing we should remove
from the system.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague