[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Proposal: Separate design summits from OpenStack conferences

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Mon Feb 8 17:37:07 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 10:49 -0500, Jay Pipes wrote:
> 5) Dealing with schwag, giveaways, parties, and other superfluous
> stuff

As a confirmed introvert, I have to say that I rarely attend parties,
for a variety of reasons.  However, I don't think our hypothetical
design-only meeting should completely eliminate parties, though we can
back off from some of the more extravagant ones.  If we maintain at
least one party, I think that would satisfy the social needs of the
community without distracting too much from the main purpose of the
event.  Of course, I agree with eliminating the other distracting
elements, such as schwag and giveaways…
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace