[openstack-dev] [neutron] [ipam] Migration to pluggable IPAM

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Mon Feb 8 16:31:12 UTC 2016

Salvatore Orlando wrote:
> Agreed. Operators love to automate things, but they generally don't like
> when components automatically do things they maybe do not expect to do (I
> don't think we should assume all operators fully read release notes). So
> the manual step is preferable, and not that painful after all. From an
> historical perspective, a manual switch was the same approach adopted for
> migration from OVS/LB plugins to ML2.

Honestly the migration from OVS/LB was .... not very well done.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1424378
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1378732
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1332564 (I hit this one
personally)

Please please please please please let's put a lot of effort into making
sure this works. I beg you.

--
Sean M. Collins