[openstack-dev] [stable] Kilo gate doesn't like testtools 2.0.0

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Sat Feb 6 20:32:54 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 06, 2016 at 07:56:26AM -0700, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 2/6/2016 7:54 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> >To remove the devstack workaround [1] we have to create a stable/kilo
> >branch for os-testr (from the 0.6.0 tag probably since that's what's
> >currently being used in kilo jobs), sync the g-r change to cap
> >testtools, and then release that as 0.6.1 - right?
> >
> >[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/276580/
> >

> Keeping in mind that an os-testr 0.6.1 release would be used in liberty and
> master jobs where testtools is not capped (at least in g-r) but I don't
> think that would cause problems.

That was my idea as well I was just a little worried about the implied cap of
testtools on liberty and master.  I think it will work for now, but I don't
think it's the complete fix.

I *think* we'll have to do the reserve 0.6.X for kilo and 0.7+ for
liberty/master but that's a pain, and clearly Matt Treinish will have an
opinion :D

Basically the devstack hack was to unblock the gate while we work out the best
way forward for kilo, that leaves us with a manageable burden in liberty and
master.

Yours Tony.