[openstack-dev] [keystone][ec2-api] Moving EC2 Auth and S3Token to Externally supported

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:03:20 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Andrey Pavlov <andrey.mp at gmail.com> wrote:

> swift3(s3) works like ec2-api.
>
> 1. swift3/ec2-api recieves AWS request
> 2. it parses signature and access_key (and other headers)
> 3. it sends these values (and token that calculated from request) to
> keystone
> 4. keystone gets secret_key from DB, then calculates signature by
> recieved access_key and token
> 5. keystone compares recived signature and claculated signature and
> then return 'error' or auth_token
> 6. swift3/ec2-api recieves answer from keystone and return 'forbidden'
> or continues execution
> 7. in case of continue swift3/ec2-api uses recieved auth_token for
> calls other services: nova, cinder, neutron, swift...
>
> So I don't understand how implement this functionality outside of
> keystone...

EC2 support is implemented in middleware on top of keystone, and that
middleware happens to live in the openstack/keystone repository. This
change is just proposing to move that middleware code into a dedicated new
repository and change the community support & maintenance model - it would
not affect how the code actually operates. The only affect on operators is
that it would require an extra step to deploy it. End users would not be
affected.

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/5f51912b54dff0a71f00987e9f5c1d6015ad08bd/keystone/contrib/ec2/routers.py#L27

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/5f51912b54dff0a71f00987e9f5c1d6015ad08bd/etc/keystone-paste.ini#L27-L31