[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Evolving the stadium concept

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:18:18 UTC 2016

On 4 February 2016 at 04:05, Gal Sagie <gal.sagie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Assaf,
>
> I think that if we define a certain criteria we need to make sure that it
> applies to everyone equally.
> and it is well understood.

I must admit I am still waking up and going through the entire logs etc.
However I cannot help but point out that one criteria that Russell and
other TC people are behind (me included) is the significant 'team overlap'
(and I would add it to be for a prolonged amount of time). This doesn't
mean just drop the accidental bug fix or enhancement to enable the
subproject to work with Neutron or address the odd regression that sneaks
in from time to time, but it means driving Neutron forward so that it is
beneficial for the project as a whole.

If you look at yourself, can you candidly say that you are making an impact
to the core of Neutron? You seem you have dropped off the radar in the
Mitaka timeframe, and haven't made a lasting impact in the Liberty
timeframe. I applaud your Kuryr initiative and your specs proposals, but
both are not enough to warrant Dragonflow for inclusion.

If the team overlap changes, then great, we'll reassess.

That said, I'll continue my discussion on the patch...