[openstack-dev] [all] the trouble with names

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Thu Feb 4 15:31:57 UTC 2016

What about using a combination of two word names, and generic names. For
example, you might have

    cinder-blockstorage

and

    foo-blockstorage

The advantage there is that we don't need to do the thesaurus.com thing,
but also, it enables to specify just

    blockstorage

via a registry.  The advantage of THAT is that if a user wants to change
out the "default" blockstorage engine (for example) we could provide them
with a way to do that.  The non-default would have to support the same API,
of course, but it definitely fits with the "pluggable" nature of OpenStack.

----  Nick