[openstack-dev] [glance][ironic][cinder][nova] 'tar' as an image disk_format

Brian Rosmaita brian.rosmaita at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Feb 4 15:13:19 UTC 2016

Update:

The discussion went in two directions:

(1) Whether supporting OS tarballs in Ironic is a good idea ... continuing
discussion on the Ironic spec, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248968/

(2) How an OS tarball should be identified in Glance ... continuing
discussion on the Glance spec-lite,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1535900

If you have an opinion, please leave a comment in the appropriate place.

thanks,
brian