[openstack-dev] [nova] Migration progress

Murray, Paul (HP Cloud) pmurray at hpe.com
Wed Feb 3 11:13:48 UTC 2016

As a data point: when we were doing live migrations in HP public cloud for rolling updates we were maintaining approximately 150 concurrent migrations through the process. At 2s intervals that would make approx. 75 updates per second. We don't feel that would have been a problem.

We also spoke to Michael Still and he thought it wouldn't be a problem for Rack Space (remembering they have cells). Having said that I have no idea of numbers I their case and would rather they spoke for themselves. In this thread.