[openstack-dev] Adding Ironic node kills devstack configuration

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Wed Feb 3 09:27:06 UTC 2016

Hi Pavel,

1. Unfortunately no, it is not possible to "update" a running devstack by
executing stack.sh, everything is created from scratch - e.g. empty DB is
created and all migration scripts are being run to ensure that the DB is in
the state required by the component.
2. Could you please post (to pastebin for example) your full local.conf? It
is not clear - are you trying to deploy a multi-node devstack with ironic
on one node, or just deploy an all-in-one with Ironic?

For example, here is my working devstack config (all-in-one with Ironic)
for master branch (reinstalled with it about two days ago). May be you find
some inspiration there :)

http://paste.openstack.org/show/485815/

Cheers,

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy