[openstack-dev] Announcing Ekko -- Scalable block-based backup for OpenStack

Sam Yaple samuel at yaple.net
Wed Feb 3 01:21:41 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 02:04:44PM -0800, Preston L. Bannister wrote:
> > I submitted for a presentation on "State of the Art for in-Cloud backup
> of
> > high-value Applications". Notion is to give context for the folk who need
> > this sort of backup. Something about where we have been, where we are,
> and
> > what might become possible. I think it would be great to pull in folk
> from
> > Freezer and Ekko. Jay Pipes seems to like to weigh in on the topic, and
> > could represent Nova? Will gladly add as speakers interested folk! (Of
> > course, the odds of winning a slot are pretty low, but worth a shot.)
>
> I'd love to see a presentation on Ekko, Freezer, Smaug, as well as the
> built in capabilities such as Cinder backup.

I submitted an Ekko talk "The 'B' Word -- Backups in OpenStack". Title
seems all inclusive, but in reality I am just talking about the block-based
side of backups. I am co-presenting with another Ekko dev and we do have a
brief slot in our outline for explaining Ekko's place in the OpenStack
ecosystem and its difference from nova-snapshot or cinder-backup.

Sam Yaple