[openstack-dev] [taskflow] Begging for reviews

Greg Hill greg.hill at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Feb 2 16:43:18 UTC 2016

Normally I reserve the begging for IRC, but since the other cores aren't always on, I'm taking the shotgun approach.  If you aren't a core on taskflow, then you can safely skip the rest of this email.

We have a number of open reviews with a single +2 that need another core reviewer to sign off.  Included in that is a blocker for the next release:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/272748/

That was a bug introduced since the last release with trapping exception arguments from tasks that will affect anyone running the worker-based engine.  The case I ran into was in requests where it did something akin to:

    raise RetryException(ConnectionError())

That inner exception could not be converted to JSON so it threw an exception and aborted the job.

Also, these are important changes (IMO):

Make the worker stop processing queued tasks when it stops:
https://review.openstack.org/272862

Similarly for the conductor:
https://review.openstack.org/270319

Allow revert methods to have different method signatures from execute and just work:
https://review.openstack.org/270853

(depends on https://review.openstack.org/267131 )

Don't revert tasks that were never executed (I'm simplifying):
https://review.openstack.org/273731<https://review.openstack.org/272862>

And more.  I'm just highlighting the ones that most affect me personally, but in general, the review queue is really backlogged.  Any help is appreciated.  Bring it!

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/taskflow+branch:master

Greg