[openstack-dev] [telemetry][ceilometer] New project: collectd-ceilometer-plugin

Foley, Emma L emma.l.foley at intel.com
Tue Feb 2 16:08:56 UTC 2016

Hi Simon,

So collectd acts as a statsd server, and the metrics are aggregated and dispatched to the collectd daemon.
Collectd’s write plugins then output the stats to wherever we want them to go.

In order to interact with gnocchi using statsd, we require collectd to act as a statsd client and dispatch the metrics to gnocchi-statsd service.

Regards,
Emma