[openstack-dev] [all] towards a keystone v3 only devstack

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Feb 2 14:22:30 UTC 2016

On 02/02/2016 8:45 AM, Jordan Pittier wrote:
On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:09 PM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca<mailto:gord at live.ca>> wrote:
yeah... the revert broke us across all telemetry projects since we fixed plugins to adapt to v3. i'm very much for adapting to v3 since it's lingered around for years. i think given the time lapsed, if it breaks them, tough.

 This is not how our community works.

sure. currently, i would say we work as: it depends who is broken, then possibly tough.

again, as i previously stated, this change should have been publicised (if it was, apologies, i missed it). i had to fix many separate projects to adapt to this so i've never said it went smoothly or that this was done correctly. i'm just mentioning that we as a community have been dragging our feet for years (not months). so this is not entirely a keystone fault. i'd much rather we see stuff break and light a fire under people because it's clearly evident no one was making an effort on this (myself included) so we should all take some blame.

cheers,

--
gord