[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Fuel UI] Node role list grouping

Vitaly Kramskikh vkramskikh at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 1 17:45:51 UTC 2016

Folks,

That's true, Nailgun is still using Role entity - in DB, API, plugins can
provide new roles, etc., and it's not going away, at least in 9.0.

I'm fine with proposed set of role groups, except the "controller" group.
We don't have anything else but "controller" role in this group in the base
installation, but there are plugins that can detach some services from the
controller, like detach-database, detach-rabbitmq, etc. So these roles with
detached services should also be in the "controller" group, but it looks a
little illogical to me. So I'd prefer to go with something like "base" or
"core" group.

> On 29.01.2016 13:35, Vladimir Kuklin wrote:
> >> We removed role as abstraction from library. It's very very artificial
> >> abstraction. Instead we use tasks, grouping them to different
> >> combinations. That allows plugin developers to adjust reference
> >> architecture to their needs.
>
> I only replied to that. We did not remove role as abstraction
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Bogdan Dobrelya,
> Irc #bogdando