[openstack-dev] Announcing Ekko -- Scalable block-based backup for OpenStack

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Feb 1 17:19:05 UTC 2016

Fausto Marzi wrote:
> [...]
> That said, what we are trying to do, with Sam (that is showing an open
> attitude and constructive approach), is to understand if the solution
> make sense itself, if we can work together as a Team and if it make
> sense to include it in Freezer. If not, it is crystal clear, that no one
> in the world, can stop a very committed and capable person to do what
> he/she wants to do. Even less in the Open Source and here. We probably
> need to avoid fragmentation and at the same time no limiting new ideas,
> but potentiate them.

It's also worth noting that Freezer is currently an official OpenStack
project while Ekko is not, so there is no real overlap (yet).

If Ekko wants one day to become an official project, it would be great
to clarify its positioning relative to Freezer before it applies, as I
expect that will be the first question from the Technical Committee.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)