[openstack-dev] [stable][trove] Need help with replication API test failures on stable/liberty

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 1 02:55:11 UTC 2016

I opened this bug awhile back:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1538506

The periodic stable jobs have been failing for trove on stable/liberty.

It looks like this could be a related change on master that we might
want to get into stable/liberty, basically to disable these tests:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245845/

It's not a clean backport. I also see it's related to a
python-troveclient change, and I'm not really familiar what hoops need
to be jumped through for those changes on master and troveclient to work
together, because the troveclient change hasn't been released yet.

Also, trove on master is tested against released versions of troveclient
whereas trove on stable/liberty is still installing troveclient from
source, so latest tarball from master.

Anyway, this is a request for help from the trove team to sort some of
this out. I think we basically just want to skip or remove these tests
on stable/liberty - they sound like they've been known to be race issues
and can't be trusted.

Matt Riedemann