[openstack-dev] [neutron][ml2] Mechanism drivers ! OpenvSwich or Linuxbridge or both of them?

zhi changzhi1990 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 13:49:32 UTC 2016

Hi, all

First of all. Happy New year for everyone!

I have a question about mechanism drivers when using ML2 driver.

When should I use openvswitch mechanism driver ?

When should I use linuxbridge mechanism driver ?

And, when should I use openvswitch and linuxbridge mechanism drivers ?

In my opinion, ML2 driver has supported hierarchical port binding. By using
hierarchical port binding,
neutron will know every binding info in network topology, isn't it? If yes,
where I can found the every binding info. And what the relationship between
hierarchical port binding and mechanism drivers?

Hope for your reply.

Thanks
Zhi Chang