[openstack-dev] Gone (HTTP 410) when use "ceilometer alarm-list"

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Wed Dec 28 17:26:09 UTC 2016

On 27/12/16 08:03 PM, Jace.Liang at itri.org.tw wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have trouble using alarm of ceilometer , when I type ceilometer
> alarm-list,
>
> it returns Gone (HTTP 410) (Request-ID:
> req-a6d1d333-ac49-48c5-ad94-ae8796b13e26)
>
> Even creating alarm will returns same result.
>
> I'm using devstack stable/mitaka on Ubuntu 14.04

Ceilometer alarms were ported to a new service: Aodh. it was deprecated
in Kilo and removed in Mitaka. you need to enable Aodh[1] if you want
alarming capabilities. Ceilometer is designed only to generate and
normalise data. other functionality such as alarming and storage are
done by other projects[2]

[1] https://github.com/openstack/aodh
[2]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/architecture.html#high-level-architecture