[openstack-dev] [os-ansible-deployment] Periodic job in infra to test upgrades?

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Thu Dec 22 20:00:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

A couple weeks ago I did some manual testing of upgrades from Liberty ->
Mitaka and Mitaka -> Newton using OSAD and a AIO node.

Whenever I hit an issue, I'd report it.

I'd be great if we could automate this work. The only challenge I can
think of is the fact that building up an AIO node, installing the base
version, then doing the upgrade takes quite a bit of time. I don't know
if periodic jobs have the same time constraints as jobs in the check and
gate queue though.

At least on my local machine, I sped up the process by snapshotting the
AIO box (disk and running memory) in VBox so that I could re-run the upgrade
quickly. Worst case perhaps set up a 3rd party CI system that could use
that trick? Just throwing ideas out there.

Thoughts?

--
Sean M. Collins