[openstack-dev] [all] Adding CONTRIBUTING.rst files to projects

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Wed Dec 21 16:12:35 UTC 2016

Ian, Andreas, Emilien,

My sentiments on the subject of these kinds of "production line" changes is unchanged from [1] and [2]. A complete list of these changes is at [3].

I've updated all of the changes in this thread with a block comment and a -1. My apologies to other reviewers (and active contributors in those projects) for this automated comment across 131 commits.

It is high time we eliminated these kinds of changes which do little to improve the overall quality of the product and serve merely to generate a huge amount of pointless work on the CI systems, and boost some meaningless statistics that someone wants to put on a slide someplace.

-amrith

[1] http://openstack.markmail.org/thread/dsuxy2sxxudfbij4
[2] http://openstack.markmail.org/thread/3sr5c2u7fhpzanit
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:addCONTRIBUTING.rst