[openstack-dev] [all] Adding CONTRIBUTING.rst files to projects

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Dec 21 15:46:34 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-21 16:22, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> [...]
> That said, I think there are two better places for this information
> that are already standards in OpenStack:
>
> * README.rst
> * HACKING.rst
>
> Most projects include links to the contributing documentation in at
> least one of these files. I think the effort here is to standardize,
> albeit in a brand new file, and that's admirable.

If that's the goal - to standardize - then I would expect that we move
all the documentation out of those files in one place.

Right now, the changes duplicate information that exists - and the new
information is often wrong. It points to place that do not exist or
where better places exist. ;(

I'm fine with the status quo - of using the two files that you mention.
Having contribution information is important,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)