[openstack-dev] [FaaS] Function as a service in OpenStack

Derek Schultz schultz.derek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 05:04:01 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We just released Picasso[1][2], an OpenStack API for Functions as a
Service. I think it may be of particular interest to those in this thread,
as it's based on IronFunctions, an open-source alternative to Lambda.

The mission is to provide an API to run functions on OpenStack.

Picasso is comprised of two main components:

   - Picasso API
      - The Picasso API server uses Keystone authentication and
      authorization through its middleware.
   - IronFunctions
      - Picasso leverages the backend container engine provided by
      IronFunctions[3], an open-source Serverless/FaaS platform based on Docker.

You can try out Picasso now on DevStack by following the quick start
guide[4]. Let us know what you think!

If you’re interested in contributing or just have any questions, please
join us on Slack at open-iron.slack.com.

Regards,
Derek

[1] https://launchpad.net/picasso