[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] Which service is using port 8778?

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Dec 20 09:20:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016, Sylvain Bauza wrote:

> Before moving forward and picking yet another port that could trample
> another service, I'd rather prefer first that Senlin jobs would
> temporarely disable the placement-* services so that the gate would be
> happy, while in the same time we try to identify a free port number that
> the placement API can safely bind.

Another option here may be to not have the placement api bind to two
ports. The current set up binds 8778 with the API at /, but what's
registered in the service catalog is port 80 with the API at
/placement.

So perhaps only use the http://1.2.3.4/placement and disable the
virtualhost that listens on 8778?

I'd experiment with this myself but I'm going to be away from a
compute all day. If people think it is a good idea but nobody has a
chance to do it today I'll look into it tomorrow.

--
Chris Dent                 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           https://anticdent.org/