[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [all][stable][ptls] Tagging liberty as EOL

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 19 16:36:49 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-19 11:29:51 +1100 (+1100), Tony Breeds wrote:
[...]
> Given that we can't just re-run the job and expect success what
> options do we have to publish an 11.0.2 tarball?
>
> I'm assuming this will be a somewhat manual process, given that is
> there anything preventing us from tagging glance liberty-eol?

The easiest option is to just declare that a missing tarball is
acceptable for this last point release. Next easiest is for someone
to manually create and upload a tarball to the tarballs site, then
perhaps retrigger the signing (and PyPI upload if relevant) jobs for
it.

Longer term, we need to come up with a solution for this scenario,
since clearly the current behavior where tarballs can end up
generated on a different platform for release tags than their
corresponding branches use is a problem. Some ideas are floating
around, but will probably rely on/wait for Zuul v3.
--
Jeremy Stanley