[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [puppet] A week in CI

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Sat Dec 17 21:30:39 UTC 2016

This week was outstanding for CI and I found useful to share what
happened in TripleO and Puppet CIs, and where we are now.
TL;DR:
- Puppet OpenStack: full green on ocata/newton/mitaka
- TripleO CI: full green except ovb-nonha (introspection is failing)

Detailed version:

Closed issues:

# nodepool slaves failing to boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1650503
The issue has been solved in nodepool but a bug in the centos7 image
with dracut was causing all nodes to fail at boot.
Kudos to infra for their responsiveness as usual.

# postci timeouts on ovb-ha and ovb-updates
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1649742
We enabled SSL on the undercloud to resolve this problem:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411514
Thanks Ben for helping on this one!

# Undercloud running out of disk space in CI
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1649615
Kudos to Ben, Sagi, and Derek for your precious time, hopefully we
won't run into this problem again thanks to the improvements we
brought in tripleo-ci.

# rh1 compute nodes not spawning vms correctly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1649252
Again, Sagi, Derek and Ben spent time on the infra to cleanup things
and we could spawn VMs again.

# CentOS 7.3 / qemu-kvm 2.6
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/2016-December/msg00028.html
Fixed in TripleO and Puppet OpenStack, thanks to David and Alfredo (+
reviewers).
Alfredo, your help on Puppet OpenStack CI was outstanding this week!

Bug still in progress:

# CI: nonha jobs fails in introspection
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1609688/comments/8
It sounds like Introspection is broken since December 16th, we haven't
investigated much on this one yet. Any help from Mistral / Ironic
folks is highly welcome.
Could it be related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1649350 ?

# Ocata requires additional cellvs2 setup
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1649341
Alex is still working on this one but we're very close of closing it.
It will help us to promote packages in TripleO CI.

CI status now:
- all jobs in Puppet OpenStack CI should be green and stable now,
please report us any new problem on #puppet-openstack (feel free to
ping me).
- all TripleO scenarios and also OVB HA jobs are green.
- TripleO OVB non-ha is red, because of the introspection problem.
- TripleO OVB jobs for Mitaka are red, not investigated yet (I'll
start on Monday, but feel free to help).

Some links you need to bookmark:
http://tripleo.org/cistatus.html
http://status-tripleoci.rhcloud.com/
http://dashboards.rdoproject.org/rdo-dev

I probably missed some details, but here what we've been working on
this week. Feel free to add more details on the bugs, and give any
feedback.
Again, I would like to thank all people involved in debugging,
patching and reviewing fixes to unblock CI this week, it was not easy
but we made it as a team!

Enjoy the week-end,
--
Emilien Macchi