[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-9, 19-23 Dec

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Dec 16 16:31:34 UTC 2016

All milestone-based deliverables have been tagged with the Ocata-2
milestone tags. Thank you, liaisons, for handling the milestone so
smoothly!

Focus
-----

Feature work and major refactoring should be well under way as we pass
the second milestone.

The deadline for non-client library releases is R-5 (19 Jan). We do not
grant Feature Freeze Extensions for any libraries, so that is a hard
freeze date. Any feature work that requires updates to non-client
libraries should be prioritized so it can be completed by that time.

General Notes
-------------

Project teams should identify contributors who have had a significant
impact this cycle but who would not qualify for ATC status using
the regular process because they have not submitted a patch. Those
names should be added to the governance repo for consideration as
ATC for the future. The list needs to be approved by the TC by 20
Jan to qualify for contributor discount codes for the event. In
order to appear on the agenda to be discussed, the proposals need
to happen by 5 Jan.

The release team meetings for 23 Dec and 30 Dec are canceled. Our next
team meeting will be 6 Jan.

Most of the release team will be on PTO the week of 26-30 Dec, so there
are not likely to be any releases performed that week. Please plan
accordingly.

Release Actions

This is a good time to review stable branches and prepare patch
releases, as needed.

Important Dates

Extra ATCs deadline: 5 Jan
Final release of non-client libraries: 19 Jan
Ocata 3 Milestone, with Feature and Requirements Freezes: 26 Jan

Ocata release schedule:
http://releases.openstack.org/ocata/schedule.html