[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [all][stable][ptls] Tagging liberty as EOL

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Dec 16 02:40:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 08:28:46PM -0800, Sumit Naiksatam wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 4:54 AM, Joshua Hesketh
> <joshua.hesketh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The repos listed[0] have had stable/liberty branch removed and replaced with
> > a liberty-eol tag. Any open reviews have been abandoned.
> >
> > Please let me know if there are any mistakes or latecomers to the list.
>
> Hi Joshua, Apologies for chiming in late, but we request that the
> openstack/group-based-policy repo’s stable/liberty branch be _not_
> removed/EOL’ed and the currently open patches not be abandoned. We
> have consumers of this branch and we do backport bug fixes. Thanks in
> advance!

As Josh pointed out you're not in the list due to the problems we had retiring
kilo.

I do have a request for you though.  Currently your gate (both kilo and
liberty) relies on devstack and requirements and probably isn't testing what
you thin it is.  Can you please update project-config with a gate config that
will work on this branches *without* the need to keep liberty (and kilo) alive
in those repos.

If you need help feel free to reach out.

Yours Tony.