[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [ci]

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 00:22:09 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I wanted to send a status update on the quickstart based containerized
> compute ci.
>
> The work is here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/393348/
>
> I had two passes on the morning of Nov 30 in a row, then later that day
> the deployment started to fail due the compute node loosing it's networking
> and became unpingable.   After poking around and talking to a few folks its
> likely that we're hitting at least one of two possible bugs [1-2]
>
> I am on pto next week but will periodically check in and can easily retest
> if these resolve.
>
> Thank you!
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1646477
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1646897 just filed

Just a quick update,
The container CI is successfully deploying the overcloud with the
containerized compute node.
I need to update the instructions a bit so you may want to hold off on
trying it out until you see an update.

The heat ping test is failing, but this is progress and we're back on track
:)
The environment is running and logs are available, ping me personally if
you need access.

Thanks..

Ping test failure: