[openstack-dev] [release] Does the Ocata short cycle have an impact on planned EOL dates ?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 14 22:11:56 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-14 16:42:05 -0500 (-0500), David Moreau Simard wrote:
[...]
> This would lead upstream OpenStack (and downstream distros) to
> support 3 stable releases for a good while.
[...]

We (upstream) supported stable/newton, stable/mitaka and
stable/liberty branches concurrently for a span of roughly 3 months
(from Newton rc1 until Liberty EOL), so it's not as if it's
impossible for us to do the same thing for an additional month or so
beyond that to accommodate the shorter Ocata development cycle.
--
Jeremy Stanley