[openstack-dev] [tripleo] release status
emilien at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 22:02:19 UTC 2016
I thought it would be useful to share our roadmap for TripleO releases.
As a reminder, this is the official source of trust for OpenStack
Over the last weeks, we discussed about how TripleO project would
produce better releases without stressing people at pushing for
features late in cycles.
- tripleo-specs for Ocata need to be merged by ocata-2 or will be
postponed to Pike.
- blueprints scheduled for ocata-2 with good progress will be
postponed to ocata-3.
- blueprints scheduled for ocata-2 with zero or low progress will be
postponed to pike-1.
- we'll release ocata-2 end of this week.
- we'll release a new Newton release next week.
- by the end of ocata-3, we'll stop pushing for features except
Composable Upgrades which is our critical thing during this cycle.
Anything else will be frozen and postponed to Pike.
- we'll threat FFE case by case but if the FFE is not related to a
blueprint that was targeted for ocata-3, no need to ask, it will be
- between end of ocata-3 and final ocata release, we have 5 weeks. We
might want to spend time on stabilization, bug fixing (we currently
have more than 100 bugs open, just for ocata-2) and keep CI stable
until final release. The last thing we want is to push for last
features and stress people because it breaks all the things.
Please provide any feedback, it's highly welcome.
More information about the OpenStack-dev