[openstack-dev] [cinder] drbdmanage is no more GPL2

Ash ash at wildernessvoice.com
Mon Dec 12 16:53:42 UTC 2016

Agreed. Just saying that if the software is important to the community, but
the distribution/licensing terms are not, there's always a solution. That's
all I was trying to get at. If, however, resources don't avail themselves,
that can also be indicative that the need vs issue isn't overwhelming.

Increasingly, I am asking these questions of people who are willing to
replace CAPX solutions with high internal OPEX. The answer continues to be
that they've made their decision to alleviate lock-in. But there's always a
trade-off, as you've just highlighted.