[openstack-dev] [cinder] drbdmanage is no more GPL2

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Mon Dec 12 14:27:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:00:41AM +0000, Duncan Thomas wrote:
>It's a soft dependency, like most of the vendor specific dependencies - you
>only need them if you're using a specific backend. We've loads of them in
>cinder, under a whole bunch of licenses. There was a summit session
>discussing it that didn't come to any firm conclusions.

I have take a look to some other soft dependencies (I perhaps miss some):

pywbem: LGPLv2+
vmemclient: APACHE 2.0
hpe3parclient: APACHE 2.0
purestorage: BSD 2-Clause
rbd/rados:  LGPL 2.1

Their are all at least OSI Approved licenses

Anyway, I'm just sad to see that now two Opensource softwares (Cinder and
DRBD) need a non 'OSI Approved license' library to talk together.

Regards,
--
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sileht at sileht.net